Typical Day in Role:
• Join a dynamic and energetic team consisting of developers, architects, project managers, and product owners.
• Focus on authentication/digital identity domain to protect our customers and your role includes delivering of the digital banking solution using Java, SpringBoot, Microservices and other leading-edge technologies, maintaining high level of code quality, and driving technical discussion.
• Provide technical direction with team input and feedback
• Assist in developing coding standards and testing approaches
• Collaborate with the Architect (if applicable) to realize technical vision and direction
• Considered an expert in a major application and/or technical domains, and is highly regarded for their technical competence.
• Provide expert advice and counsel to key stakeholders on development project teams on complex issues related to “area of specialty”.
• Provide reviews of solution designs and related code.
• Mentor and help team members in technical knowledge and best coding practices
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 6+ years of work experience as a Java developer with a preference for Java 8 or 11, preferably within banking
2) 5+ years’ experience with experience working with Spring Boot framework and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
3) 5+ years’ experience with container orchestration technology, like Cloud Foundry or Kubernetes.
4) 2+ years’ experience working on projects that involve Application Security like oAuth2 and/or SSO
5) 2+ years’ experience with stream processing technologies such as Kafka or Pub event /Sub
1) Have worked on productionizing NodeJS servers
2) Experience with at least one modern JS framework, preferably React
3) Experience with modern JS toolsets (ES6, Typescript, Babel, Lerna, Jest, Protractor)
Soft Skills Required:
• Display a passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights user
• A self-starter type, learning new technologies and refining current applications
• Excellent communication including the ability to distil technical details into simple terms
• Has a passion for well-designed products and not afraid to share and explain your ideas
• Well rounded knowledge of Agile principles and the flexibility to adapt
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering or equivalent
Best VS. Average Candidate:
Ideal candidate has all the requirements (must haves and nice to haves) with recent experience within the banking industry