Role: Java Developer x4
Duration: 5 Months
Story Behind the Need:
Global Wholesale & Risk Technology's (GWRT) Global Transaction Banking is seeking 4 Software Engineers for a large payment program. They will work in a new lab along with 20+ others. They will architect highly available, flexible, and secure systems. They will be responsible to take ownership of technical solutions and built features, understand performance metrics, ensure code quality (performing code reviews, creating automated tests, etc) as well as communicate to diverse technical audiences.
Candidate Value Proposition:
Scotiabank is Canada's most international bank with large global presence.
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications • Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts • Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution • Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area • Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment • Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
– Java Developer (5-8 years)
– Spring Batch (2-3 years)
– Database Knowledge (DB2 preferred) (5+ years)
– Web Services – for e.g Websphere (3+ years)
– JIRA – ticketing tool knowledge
– Payments experience (this would be fantastic)
– Knowledge of MQ, and Transformation tools (IBM WTX) would be great as well
2 interviews – 1 phone interview, and then 2nd face to face technical hour in-person interview