Job Title: Java Developer
Duration: 6 months
Story Behind the Need: The Global Fixed Income Team is looking for an energetic and result-oriented developer to work on a new project enhancing Global Fixed Income applications. The successful candidate must have solid hands-on experience in building high complex real-time applications and possess good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Project: The successful candidate has experience in building real time applications based on trading platform and Kafka technology.
• Reason for request: Net New Project – Workload
Candidate Value Proposition
This group will be utilizing new technology and will give the successful candidate the opportunity to work on complex projects at various stages.
Typical Day in Role:
Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications • Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts • Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution • Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area • Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment • Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 5 + years of experience in Java programming (minimum 1-year Java 8)
2. 2 + years’ experience with Unix/Linux environment and proficient in shell scripting
3. 2 + years’ experience in database development with Oracle, SQL OR PL/SQL
4. 2 + years’ experience with Capital Markets and Fixed Income trading platforms (specifically ION/MMI is a plus)
5. Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work with various team members and stakeholders
Nice to have skills:
• Experience with Messaging Bus technologies like Kafka, MQ and JMS.
• Good to have working knowledge with would be a strong plus.
Degrees or certifications: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
Candidate Review & Selection
• 3 Step Process: 1 codility test + 1 technical interview + 1 meet the director
• 50% + time developing back end reports and feeds using Java databases in Unix environments