Typical Day in Role:
• Leverage expertise in Power BI, Office 365 applications, including Excel, Visio, SharePoint, and other relevant software, to visualize and analyze key performance indicators, security metrics, and project data and efficiently manage, organize, and present information.
• Develop and maintain technical documentation, executive reports, and user-friendly dashboards to support cyber security engineering projects.
• Have ability to understand application and infrastructure concepts, and familiar with cloud technologies to incorporate processes into security strategies and document security solutions implementation.
• Collaborate closely with members of the cyber security engineering and development team to align content strategy with project goals and objectives. Provide support and assistance as needed to achieve team objectives.
• Understand how the client’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 10+ years of technical working experience as an IT Security Analyst
2. 5+ years of hands-on experience in project coordination/management
3. 5+ years of hands-on experience with data visualization/analytics tools such as Excel, Visio, Power BI and collaboration platform SharePoint
4. Familiarity with query languages for reporting purposes
• CISSP or any Security Certification is an asset
• Experience with Network Security, architecture, and applications infrastructure
• Familiarity with Cloud security and technologies (GCP, Azure)
• Familiarity with project tracking and management tools such as Jira or MS Project
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization
• Confident in presenting dashboards, data and reports to executives stakeholders
• Strong decision making, forward thinking and creative problem-solving skills to anticipate and respond quickly to technological/market influences
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently with minimal direction
Best vs. Average Candidate:
• Background in Security
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Attention to detail and commitment to quality assurance
• Effective communication and strong presentation abilities
• Team player and ability to collaborate effectively with different teams within the Client
• Post-secondary degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related IT field is an asset