Location: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months
Business Group: Data protection program for cybersecurity services.
Project Summary: The main function of a IT Security Analyst is to plan, coordinate, and implement security measures for information systems to regulate access to computer data files and prevent unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure of information.
Good vs Average Candidate:
A good candidate should be able to interact with different business lines and technical teams to ensure data protection delivery and goals is supported. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
• Takes a design focus to lead delivery of complex technical assignments and projects
• Is accountable for planning the end-to-end design of significant processes and programs (the full journey).
• Track and manage project risks, issues, action items and key decisions across the program.
• Ensures program/project commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters
• Escalate risks and issues that cannot be solved with the project team.
• Maintaining projects that support efficient and effective delivery while maintaining adherence to internal project management standards.
• Identifies and recommends opportunities to leverage, reuse and scale
• Provides technical advice and leads the development of the roadmap established for the team and organization.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with bank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Qualifications of Must have skill:
1. 5-7 years of IT Project Management experience, with experience in large enterprises, preferably in the banking industry
2. Strong communication (verbal/written/presentation), relationship building and analytical skills
3. At least 5 years with a proven track record managing projects of high complexity, high risk and large budgets ( at least a budget of $5 Million+)
4. Understanding of Agile project management principles and practices and experience managing projects in an Agile environment
5. Mature interpersonal skills with the ability to work with, and influence, all types of professionals
6. Knowledge of project management tools (e.g., CA PPM) and techniques
Nice to Have:
1. 1-2 years of Data Protection experience is an asset
2. PMP certification
3. Scrum Master Certification (CSM) and/or master’s degree / MBA are an asset
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Business, or related discipline