Contract Length: 6 months + chance of extension
Location: WFH, Toronto
Business Group: Resource will be hired for ongoing Security advisory projects that the group overseas. The resource will be primarily responsible for Threat Risk Assessments.
The main function of an IT Security Analyst is to plan, coordinate, and implement security measures for information systems to regulate access to computer data files and prevent unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure of information.
A typical IT Security Analyst is responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing security measures to safeguard the computer database.
Typical Day in Role:
• Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans
• Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate security-focused tools and services including project leadership roles
• Develop and interpret security policies and procedures
• Participate in security compliance efforts
• Develop and deliver training materials and perform general security awareness and specific security technology training
• Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies
Must have skills:
1. 10+ years’ experience required – Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security; Consistent implementation of security solutions; Experience in infrastructure or application-level vulnerability testing and auditing
2. Hands on recent experience with Security protocols within TRA
– Strong language controls (reading and writing) to create documentation
– High ability to work cross functionally with different business lines to influence technology
– Needs to be a team player who can work with different users (both technically and within business functions)
Nice to have skills:
– Experience within Financial Institutions is strongly preferred
– Security Related certifications (CISSP, CCSP)
Education: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required