IT Project Manager
• Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope
• Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising
• Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements
• Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs
• Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses
• Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized
• Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors
Qualifications / Must Have Skills:
• 7-10 years of experience as a Program Manager, managing large complex projects/programs, that have significant IT and operational components, preferably in the financial services industry
• Strong communication (verbal/written/presentation).
• Mature interpersonal skills with the ability to work with, and influence, all types of professionals
• Knowledge of project management tools and techniques (e.g., CA PPM, MS Projects, JIRA, Visio, Agile/Scrum, Waterfall etc.)
• Application development project experience
• Experience with implementing/integrating vendor-based solutions into internal systems
• People management and team building skills.
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities.
• Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization.
• Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions.
Degrees or certifications:
• Associate’s degree in a business or technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• PMP Certification preferred