Job Posting Title: IT Program Manager
Location: WFH – Toronto Ontario
Contract Duration: 9 months
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM (flexible)
Reason for Request:
This contractor is required to support the RDC AMP SDk project.
Your Business Line:
Canadian Digital Banking Engineering
Story Behind the Need
• Project Summary
As a Program Manager, you ensure the successful delivery of complex digital projects that involve multiple teams working on deliverables contributing to an overarching project objective. You report status and ensure alignment between many stakeholders across multiple areas of the bank and manage all aspects of the budget, schedule, risks, issues, reporting and governance of projects.
Candidate Value Proposition –
You will be working on complex customer facing digital applications including mobile and online banking apps.
You will manage digital banking deliverables within a larger bank program of work. The digital banking deliverables will be spread across multiple digital platform teams.
Typical Day in Role:
1. Manage and ensure the successful delivery of complex programs involving multiple teams from different groups across the bank, as well as external vendors when required.
2. Integrate inputs from many stakeholders to establish and manage a consolidated scope, schedule and budget for the program.
3. Track and manage project risks, issues, action items and key decisions across the program.
4. Ensure all teams are aligned and that the dependencies between teams are tracked and managed.
5. Report project status to multiple stakeholder groups, including: Canadian Digital Banking, business lines and executive SteerCo, as required.
6. Manage and report on Enterprise PMO and Finance requirements,
a. Milestones tracking
b. Risk tracking
c. Managing funding (OP) including budget forecasting,
accruals and reconciliation.
d. Enterprise Delivery Framework compliance, as required 7. Ensure risks are mitigated and that teams are unblocked and can effectively complete their work. Escalate risks and issues that cannot be solved with the project team.
8. Build and maintain solid, professional working relationships with peers within the project team and business lines. Leverage these relationships to identify issues, make recommendations and initiation resolution.
9. Support business case creation for proposed projects by managing and consolidating the scope definition, UX and technical design, estimation, and forecasting inputs from many teams.
10. Ensure the engagement of compliance stakeholders (e.g. risk, legal, audit) as needed throughout the course of the project.
11. Coordinate compliance and readiness procedures (Ex. Operational Readiness, NIRA, TRA) with associated team
Qualifications/Must Have Skills:
- 10 years' experience in managing and delivering complex
software projects in larger organization
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical
skills to rapidly assess problem situations.
- Strong communication and expectation setting skills.
- 3- 5 years of experience with past digital software
- Work within Agile teams and understand Agile process (incl
- 3- 5 years of experience leading a team and serving as the
primary contact for stakeholders, external teams and/or
- 3- 5 years of Program Management experience including:
- Planning and Estimation across many teams (WBS,
Staffing, Cost estimates)
- Schedule Management & tracking.
- Financial Management – forecasting, tracking and
- Status Reporting (Status, Risks, Escalations, Mitigation
plans) at executive level SteerCo
- Strong People Management skills : strong aptitude
including Conflict resolution, leading w/o authority
- Results focused & Accountability
Nice to Have
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of Agile methodology while delivering IT projects. Ideally has Certified Scrum Master Certification (CSM/PSM)
- Ideally has Project Management Professional certification (PMI /PMP)
- Previous Banking FI or Consulting
- Software and/or Technical background
Degrees or certifications:
Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
Candidate Review & Selection Process:
– 2 rounds of Interviews.
First Round will be a 45 minute interview with the Hiring Manager.
Second Round, 2 members of the team – specific situational questions.