Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: ASAP – Oct 31st + good chance of extension
Story Behind the Need
Business group: The group is looking at working on Remediation ongoing project.
Project: The IT BA is required to work on the AML Oracle Transactional Modeling project. This project will be monitoring AML transactions and ensuring continuous regulation as they migrate the platform to a new EDW.
Candidate Value Proposition: Great dynamic and work environment. Regime that team is currently working on is very interesting and has challenges to it. Position requires someone who is ready to think and analyze and has potential to work on upcoming projects. Direct team is outgoing, professional, collaborate with each other as much as possible
Typical Day in Role:
• Will be working on the Oracle Mantas migration project to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Will perform data gap assessment/acquisition plan for Payments, Trade data required for AML Monitoring for US, APAC, UK/IE regions.
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
• Will be responsible to document the gaps and requirement specifications for functional and non-functional requirements, among other assigned tasks.
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of AML Payments, trade monitoring business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
• Will manage ongoing communication of the assigned task status and maintain the momentum of the project working/coordinating with the various system teams – Upstream, data lake and Oracle downstream.
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
• Supports one or more highly complex business processes Works on multiple projects as a project team member Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5 + years’ hands on experience as a BSA, minimum 1-2 recent projects within AML technology or Payments monitoring
2) 5 + years’ experience working with Oracle and SQL databases (to read and write queries)
3) Advanced Microsoft Excel skills to ensure proper analysis of data quality and gap assessment (to complete data extraction and analysis)
3) Experience writing functional and nonfunctional specifications (minimum 3 years’)
4) Complete understanding of SDLC and complete documentation from end to end to provide solution (with minimum 2 years’)
5) Excellent communication skills to will be required to create business requirements (need technical writing ability as well as liaising with developers for fulfillment of those requirements)
– Oracle Mantas experience is a plus
Soft Skills Required:
1) Able to adapt with remote work environments
3) Communication Skills – be able to communicate clearly and concisely. Written skills should be the same as candidate will need to deal with end users on a daily basis.
Degrees: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.