Job Posting Title: Intermediate Capital Markets Business Analyst
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 6 months – Possibility of extension if resource performs well as there are upcoming projects.
Project: The project is an effort to fix issues with regulatory trade and position reporting at the bank. A resource is required to manage the delivery of items that need to be fixed. The resource will collaborate with key stakeholders to update and maintain a list of issues, often hosting meetings where solutions can be discussed and documented. The candidate will need to work with stakeholders to design solutions and determine delivery timelines for the list of issues. The candidate will need to be able to report status of the issues to management.
Eventually the project will be transitioned into a BAU effort, the candidate will need to be able to help design processes to enable the management of issues to be maintained after the project is over.
Candidate Value Proposition: This position is an interesting opportunity as the Regulatory and Business Initiatives group touches many parts of Capital Markets and it involves changes that are up and coming to the bank. This position will provide a wide breath of experience within Capital Markets group within Scotiabank.
Typical Day in Role:
– Management and prioritization of a list of open issues that need to be addressed in the bank
– Running working group sessions with key stakeholders
– Reporting status and progress to management.
– Writing requirements document and future state requirements
– Collaborate with IT and compliance and regulatory control groups in the banks.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5-8 Years of Experience as a Business Analyst
2) 5-8 Years’ Experience in writing requirements (should have created BRD’s)
3) 2-4 Years Minimum – Knowledge of OTC Derivatives Products and Markets, Trade Events and Trade Reporting.
1) Knowledge of Capital Markets Regulations, Ideally CFTC/Dodd Frank.
Soft Skills Required:
- Excellent Communication Skills – ability to facilitate meetings
- Analysis Skills – Ability to document current and future state, gap analysis etc.
Degrees: Bachelor’s in finance or other related field.