Job Title: Full Stack Developer
Location: WFH (Toronto after BCP)
Duration: 6 months + Good chance of Extension (for an additional 6 months)
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GWRT Global Capital Markets Technology group supports multiple in house applications, maintaining Post Trade Data across markets globally for Middle and Front Office users.
• Project: The group is working on multiple high initiative projects related Cash Equity and Quantitative Trading Solutions and requires a Strong Full Stack Developer to lead the modernization from Solaris to Linux while also adding a new Oracle product line.
• Reason for request: Workload
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a high-performance environment that is leaving a lasting impact on multiple business units and functionalities across the bank.
Typical Day in Role:
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications • Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts • Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution • Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area • Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment • Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 5 + years’ experience developing front end technologies with Angular 8.0 and Typescript 2. 5 + years’ Spring, Boot, hibernate to develop microservices that interact with legacy databases 3. 3 + years database development with Relational Databases 4. Strong communication skills – able to articulate and communicate with team any suggestions / improvements for project 5. Able to mentor and help junior developers navigate through complex codes
Nice to have skills:
– Data Platform: FX and Kafka*
– Previous Financial Sector experience within capital markets domain
– Kafka Rapid MQ experience
Degrees or certifications: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred