Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months + Good chance of Extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Capital Markets Technology group supports multiple in house applications, maintaining Post Trade Data across markets globally for Middle and Front Office users.
• Project: The group is working on multiple high initiative projects related Cash Equity and Quantitative Trading Solutions and requires a Strong Full Stack Developer to lead the modernization from Solaris to Linux while also adding a new Oracle product line.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a high-performance environment that is leaving a lasting impact on multiple business units and functionalities across the bank.
Typical Day in Role:
– Setup data flow pipeline using Nifi to process, transform and transfer data between different systems
-Provide expertise and hands on experience in transforming data and streaming processing in Kafka
-Provide expertise and hands on experience in publishing/producing and consuming messages to/from Kafka
-Provide expertise in working with the Kafka environment such as brokers, zookeepers, topics, partitions, etc.
-Apply Kafka best practices in terms of ensuring high performance, scalability, maintenance, and stability
-Provide guidance for troubleshooting Kafka issues for development and support teams
-Develop monitoring strategies and solutions that use Kafka to support implementation
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 3 + years’ hands on experience designing and developing integration solutions with Kafka and related technologies
2. 5 + years’ Spring, Boot, hibernate to develop microservices that interact with legacy databases
– Excellent problem solving, analytical and critical thinking is expected
– Ability to break down technical information and disseminating it to senior non-technical management
– Strong communication skills – able to articulate and communicate with team any suggestions / improvements for project
– Able to mentor and help junior developers navigate through complex codes
Need to be able to multitask and work on multiple platforms and multiple projects concurrently
Nice to have skills:
– troubleshooting and support with Kafka / knowledge for tracing messages (will be great asset)
– Previous Financial Sector experience within capital markets domain
– Experience with Linux/Unix environment and scripting
Degrees or certifications: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred