Job Title; Front End Developer
Contract Length: 5 months (opportunity for extension)
Location: WFH (Scarborough if Covid Restrictions Lifted)
Story Behind the Need: The Revolving Credit, Data and Transactions group is seeking a front end developer to design and develop user interface to support tools and projects within the database service team.
Candidate Value Proposition:
This candidate will gain experience at a Big 5 Canadian bank as well as have visibility at a very high level – provides the opportunity to bring strong ideas forward and be recognized for creativity
Typical Day in the Role:
– Work within a database service team which partners with data modeling team, application teams, and support teams.
– Understand requirements that drive the design of technical solutions.
– Design and develop elegant front-end interfaces, data visualization and dashboard
– Build quality code using modern tooling, testing frameworks and programming patterns.
– Provide support for testing efforts and defect resolution.
– Create and maintain detailed design documents.
– Ability to quickly ramp up on and apply new technologies and processes.
– Provide peer review and quality control on a daily basis.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
1. 3+ years of front end development experience
3. Proven experience using React and other modern front-end frameworks such as Redux, VueJs, EChart, Sass, webpack, Jest to build component-based user interfaces – at least 3 recent projects
4. Proven experience with source code versions tools (BitBucket/Git)
5. Experience designing and implementing cloud-based applications – demonstrated in 3 recent projects
Nice to have Skills:
– Experience NodeJS, Python, and SQL
Education and Certifications:
– Diploma or Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required