Job Title: Front-end Developer
Contract Duration: 03/22/2021 to 10/31/2021
Location Address: WFH – Toronto Ontario CAN M5C2V9
This project will be responsible for consolidating two websites into one. There is a lot of back end connectivity to 3rd party vendors to support to our partners. Our platform is Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) 6.5 This site allows the Advisors to manage customer portfolios and content and provide a better understanding of Scotiabank products.
Reason for request:
This person will be helping the development team create UI layer as well as support back end connectivity.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a long-term project while getting exposure to multiple teams and being an active participator in the planning process as well as executing it.
Story Behind the Need
• Project Summary: The main function of a Developer is to design, develop, and implement applications using in-demand languages and technologies AEM, React, Java, Microsoft Azure Cloud, and Spring boot
Typical day in the role:
– Working with e-marketing team
– Also working closely with UI designer and AEM developers
– Sitting in the middle of these two groups.
– Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
– Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
– Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
– Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
– Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
– Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
– Build UI layers. They will be working closely with the UI designer
– This contractor will need to have prior experience with AODA compliance – WCAG
– Knows how to write code in Angular or Spring boot
– They will be dealing with Dynamic team to gather requirements, understand the look and feel of the website.
– Work closely with the Marketing team to understand what the user experience will be like
– Create UI layers and components with AEM.
Qualifications/ Must Have Skills:
2. minimum 5 years of hands on experience with SS Compilation (SASS, Webpack)
3. minimum 5 years of hands on experience with Typescript, bootstrap
4. 3-5 years of hands on experience using React AND React JS
5. 3-5 years of hands on experience using Angular AND Spring boot
6. WCAG – Experience with WCAG and accessibility sites/standards. Web accessibility development experience (strong understanding of AODA compliance and other related tools such as screen readers- JAWS, Siteminder, etc.)
1. Good to have some experience on Rest Assured, SOAP UI or similar APIS testing tools.
2. 2-3 years Writing SQL queries.
3. Using Microsoft azure cloud
4. Experience with querying and consuming from a REST backend service
5. Experienced in Agile- someone who is adaptable and able to change with the business needs.