FIX Integration Analyst
Typical Day in Role:
• Design, test and implement business driven system changes in the FIX engine, risk management platform and client portal hub for the Electronic Equity Trading desk
• Extensive interaction with clients, vendors and exchanges to manage and maintain FIX connectivity for electronic trading as well as onboard new clients
• Perform 2nd level support of production trading systems to troubleshoot and quickly resolve any issues or questions.
• Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of equity trading strategies, technology and market structure.
• Write queries using in house technologies
Must Have Skills:
• 10+ years’ experience as a business systems analyst
• 2+ years’ recent experience with FIX protocols
• Experience with Electronic Trading (trade order management) and trade desk support
• Systems design and trouble-shooting skills.
• Background in related topics such as market data, trading applications, and market microstructure would be beneficial
• Effective written and verbal communication skills to bridge between technical content and business objectives
• Ability to work efficiently in a noisy and distracting trade floor environment, shifting effectively between development and production items.
• Has the ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
• Motivated to learn and keep developing one’s skillset
• Strong communication skills and project management/business analysis experience
Degrees or certifications:
• Post-secondary degree in a technology field (Computer Science/Engineering) or relevant experience/skills set will be considered
• Some financial education (relevant courses, CSC, CFA…) or demonstrated capital markets experience would be an asset.