Our large financial client is looking for passionate, ever-curious designers to help us shape the way design is done. If you are a designer who always looks for ways to improve the world around you, then we want you!
We are looking for:
- A problem-solver with ideas that challenge the ordinary – and the drive to bring them to life.
- A designer with a strategic mind-set and excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- A designer with knowledge of Service Design to apply systems-thinking to complex problems.
- An excellent storyteller who can communicate ideas, concepts and designs to all levels of the company.
- A designer who understands the digital technology and can speak to technologists
- Lead UX conversations across all stages of a project, translating research insights into memorable user experiences.
- Conduct interviews, ideation sessions, and co-creation workshops with business partners, subject matter experts and customers, for all stages of a project.
- Create Service Blueprints and Customer Journeys to understand, improve and implement seamless, coherent customer experiences.
- Take a lead role in design to produce fresh, relevant prototypes, experiences and processes in both early and late stages of development.
- Collaborate continuously with front-end development.
- Work comfortably in an agile environment.
Requirements for this position are as follows:
- This is a mid-senior level position.
- This role will work with engineers and developers regularly and should be able to speak their language and have a good understanding of how back-end and front-end technologies work.
- Degree in Design or closely related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Must be well-versed in user-centered design methods and techniques. Design thinkers welcome!
- Experience in a client-facing role and working with teams on large-scale, long-term projects.
- Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a time sensitive environment.
- Proficiency with user research, particularly with a lean approach.
- Visual design skills, including experience using Sketch, Adobe Suite, Axure and/ or similar.
- Systems thinking is highly desirable.
Additional Notes • What software / hardware / methodologies will they need to have experience with? Software – Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite | Methodologies – Agile, Design Sprints • Any certain education required (i.e. computer science degree, business degree, etc.) A degree in design (graphic design, arts), human factors, Service design, psychology, Computer science is good to have. A lot of people in this field come from many different areas • How many years of experience are required? 5+ • What are your top 3 must-haves? 1. The ability to speak tech with technologists as this role will be working primarily with engineers 2. Systems thinker 3. Agency experience preferred as this person might have to juggle multiple asks