Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Duration : 4 Months
Typical Day in Role:
1. Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing all stages of Technology Product life cycle including prototyping/inception, testing, and production.
2. Work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems.
3. Ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
4. Create and Support Test Automation and Continuous Integration & Deployment methodology/tooling and environment.
5. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
6. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
7. System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
8. Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
9. Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
10. Create documentation including design, operational support documents.
11. Regularly conveying status to team and management.
Candidate Requirements/ Must-Have Skills:
• 7+ years of software engineering industry experience
• Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
• Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24×7 uptime environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools. (3+ years of experience)
• Experience with version control systems such as Git, and other CICD dev tools such as Jira, Jenkins (prefer to have Jenkins pipeline experience), and Confluence (3+ years of experience)
• Solid experience working on Infrastructure centric platforms, a good understanding and working knowledge of the server and network configurations both for deployment and at run-time.
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with Google Cloud and Azure is required)
• Strong scripting (Ruby, Python, Perl and/or PHP) and automation skills
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
• Strong Linux system administration skills.
• Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure and application deployment issues.
• A working understanding of OO Programming (Java).
• Basic DB administration experience (Oracle, SQL Server).
• Experience with Agile software development and project management methodologies.
• Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
• Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
Nice to Have Skills:
• Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Ansible, Chef or and equivalent
• Experience with AWS