Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Duration: 12 months Likelihood of extension
Location: Toronto, ON
Brief Project Description: This role is to be part of a business-driven software delivery approach to take new or enhanced business capability from an idea all the way to production. Ideal candidate to have DevOps administration / support skills
- Provide business value to customers in an efficient manner.
- Capturing feedback as customers engage with the capability.
- Participation from stakeholders beyond just the development and operation teams.
- Engage with enterprise
- Follow agile process and comply with policies.
- Partner with ITRM monitoring team to ensure monitoring requirements are fully understood and met.
- Ensure documentation on all systems in use for production and disaster recovery and regulatory purposes.
- Ensure production problems, bugs, system problems/changes are documented, and requests are acted upon promptly. Keep Senior Management advised of situations that may compromise agreed deliverables and/or affect production systems
- Assist in the evaluation and analysis of new business initiatives and proposals as needs.
Must Have Skills:
- Experience in Jira, GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus, Docker, Ansible or similar DevOps tools
- Unix/Linux, Windows, Networking, Database
- Programming knowledge and shell scripting
- Experience in scheduling scripting
- Expert infrastructure knowledge in DevOps
Nice to Have Skills:
- Cloud Experience