Job Title: Delivery Lead
Duration: 12 months
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The GWRT Global Portfolio
• Project: The Delivery Manager is accountable for ensuring that the business needs and outcomes of the project are met as per business case. The Delivery Manager is responsible for the management of the set of projects undertaken by an organization or division in a manner that optimizes the ROI from these projects and ensures their alignment with the organization’s strategic objectives. The Delivery Manager is expected to have extensive knowledge of the industry and should be recognized for business acumen by the client set supported. The position requires expert understanding of emerging technologies, project management and life cycle development methodologies and technical architectures pertaining to the area. The Delivery Manager will have excellent skills in relationship and general business management.
• Reason for request: Workload
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will be part of an engaging project that has a long term initiative to ensure project deliverables are met.
Typical Day in Role
• Provide consulting and guidance on project initiatives including business case preparation and developing creative/alternative approaches to problem resolution. The focus is to be kept on overall business solutions, not on specific packages or technologies.
• The solution must be formally documented and costed as the General Design Document and internally represented on the project management tool (i.e. Microsoft Project). Definition of development activities at sufficient detail levels (not to exceed 10 work day increments and not to detail less than 4 hours)
• Identify and confirm project leads from all required stakeholders and Scotia intek groups to ensure responsibilities and deliverables are understood by each.
• Define project governance, identify senior stakeholders & sponsors to form a steering committee (should it be necessary). Work with Project Sponsor to prepare appropriate information for dissemination to the Steering Committee.
• Manage project participants and relationships ensuring project teams are cohesive ad operating to common objectives and priorities.
• Work with Project Sponsor to establish the scope of the project and manage the established scope.
• Ensure Project Change Notifications are raised where necessary and approved. If the scope changes identify impacts to the Sponsor. And/or Steering Committee.
• Hold meetings and work sessions as necessary to ensure that project management deliverables are met i.e. project planning, risk management, issue management, status meetings
• Provide support to Client including business case preparation and developing creative/alternative approaches to problem resolution. The focus is to be kept on overall business solutions, not on specific packages or technologies.
• Motivating the Project Team and maintaining the momentum of the Project against background of changing and occasionally conflicting priorities
• Ongoing communication of project status, completing the monthly Project Status Reports and escalating issues to the Operations Sponsor, the SVP and the EVP, as required.
• Ensure the documentation and archiving of project activities, deliverables, tools and findings and for use in future projects.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 10 + years Delivery Management experience working for large financial industry and/or information systems
2) 5 + years Market Data Infrastructure Migration project experience
3) 10 + years project manage experience managing multiple number of projects of varying complexity in a sophisticated matrix management organization
4) 10 + years project management tools and methodologies, with advanced management and leadership skills to lead and motivate the team and excellent skills in relationship and general business management.
5) Excellent communication / presentation skills: The individual requires superior oral and written communication skills and proven ability to: make presentations to varied groups; deal with all levels of line management up to the Executive Vice-President (individually or in committee); chairing meetings involving diverse Bank organizations and management levels; and dealing with vendors/consultants without exceeding authority. He/she must have an expert ability to balance competing or conflicting goals of various departments/stakeholders, requiring a mature, diplomatic approach and highly developed negotiation and influencing skills.
– Elements of Banking
– Elements of Data Processing
– Elements of Communication Systems
– Basic Accounting
– Contract Law
– Planning Techniques
– Elements of Organization and Management for large companies
– Basic statistics/operations research
– Bank’s Systems Development Methodology
– Bank Security Awareness Principles and Practices
– PMP designation an asset
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1 Step Process: 1 In Person (Presentation) Candidate is expected to come in prepared with portfolio of work and timeline of achievements
• Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: Immediately