Hiring Manager: Senior Manager Database Administration
Location Address: Hybrid (as required) – 2201 Eglinton Ave East
Contract Duration: ASAP until 10/31/2023
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
Extension Opportunity: Possibility
FTE Opportunity: Possibility
Story Behind the Need:
• Business Group: Database Services is seeking a Senior Database Administrator for project and releases & support to applications.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be extended while being part of a large initiative for the bank. We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work. You will get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology.
Typical Day in Role:
• Provide on-site database and system support
• Monitor, collect statistical information, and provide reporting on capacity and system performance
• Based on statistics, make recommendations to maintain and improve capacity and system performance
• Monitor the system, and act upon system and application automated alerts
• Perform diagnostics, testing, and troubleshooting of software, o/s, and database issues (ex. correcting installation, configuration, or data problems)
• Plan and perform software installation, configuration, upgrade and patching
• Plan and perform database configuration, maintenance, upgrade and patching
• Perform and manage system and database backups
• Perform manual switch to redundant system / database components, in case of system failure
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1) 5-7+ years of experience as a Database Administrator in providing technical support, covering application and/or database administration and operations to include monitoring maintenance capacity, performance monitoring/planning and incident/problem troubleshooting and resolution
2) Hands-on experience with Quality Assurance (QA) medium/large projects
3) Establish test cases and criteria to complex business functions and requirements
4) Hands-on experience with SQL development for MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB OR Oracle. MongoDB is preferred
5) Experience with JSON, Python, Linux/AIX Shell Scripts
6) Proven ability to write excellent technical documentation
• Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, ServiceNow
• Agile methodology
• Insurance or Banking experience
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization.
• Strong decision making, forward thinking and creative problem-solving skills to anticipate and respond quickly to technological/market influences.
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
Best vs. Average Candidate:
• Strong communication skills as they will be speaking with various teams
• Need someone willing to learn and quick to pick up on new things
• Post-secondary degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related IT field required