Location Address: WFH (Toronto)
Contract Duration: 2.5 months
Story Behind the Need:
• Project: Assisting with various projects relating to machine learning and natural language processing.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• Exposure to a dynamic environment and learning opportunities for cutting edge technology. Hands-on experience with building machine learning models.
Typical Day in Role:
• End-to-end implementation and iterative enhancement of complex models to various lines of business
• Research and development of models using state-of-the-art artificial intelligence in a diverse and established finance data
• Exploratory data analysis and feature engineering on original data
• Structure and organize big data sets from a variety of noisy sources with the goal of discovering valuable and actionable insights
• Think strategically to architect new modeling approaches to complex problems
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 2-5 Years of experience with research, building and implementing machine learning models
• 2+ years of experience with Python
• In-depth knowledge of deep learning, convolutional neural networks, natural language processing, and recurrent neural networks.
• Strong mathematics and statistical analysis background
• A keen interest in technology and continuous learning about emerging technologies
• Background experience in financial markets with experience in Risk, Finance, Planning and forecasting or other relevant fields is preferred
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
• Excellent presentation and data visualization skills
Best vs Average:
• Extensive knowledge of & hands-on experience with AI and machine learning models
Degrees or certifications:
• Master's in a technical discipline such as Engineering, Mathematics, Econometrics, Computers Science or Statistics. Relevant PhD preferred but not required