Job Title – Data Scientist
Duration: 12 months
Extension possible: Yes
A successful candidate will have hands-on experience working in Big Data Analytical environments, with a deep understanding of data mining and analytical techniques, meaningful experience building strong working relationships, and success in effectively identifying and managing client requirements and expectations.
• Work closely with business owners to identify opportunities and serve as an ambassador for data science
• Design and deliver enterprise analytic solutions to our customers
• Develop powerful business insights from social, marketing and industrial data using advanced machine learning techniques
• Build complex statistical models that learn from and scale to petabytes of data.
• Work in a highly interactive, team-oriented environment with Big Data developers and Visualisation experts
• Graduate level qualification in a relevant technical field (Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics/Statistics, Operations Research) ideally with a specialization in data mining/machine learning
• Up to 5 years' experience of working in analytical environments
• Deep expertise in analytical tools such as R/Matlab/SAS/Stata
• Experience of scripting languages such as Python/Ruby/PHP etc.
• Experience of relational databases and usage of SQL
• Experience of Object Orientated programming via Java/C++
• Experience of Big data technologies (Hadoop, HIVE, PIG, Spark etc.) and unstructured data
• Demonstrated track record of manipulation of large volume, high frequency data for analytical purposes on a Big Data platform
• Demonstrated experience of developing and implementing statistical models (predictive & descriptive)
• Demonstrated experience in delivering high quality, high impact analytical solutions to business problems
4.) Data Analysis /Statistical Model
NICE TO HAVE
1.) Hadoop/Big Data
2.) Financial Industry