Typical Day in Role
• Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management systems.
• Ensure systems meet business requirements and industry practices.
• Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models and proof of concepts.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5-8 years of experience as a Data engineer or related field with Strong experience in DevOps; Proficiency in tools like Preferred: Ansible, Git, OR Terraform, Jenkins etc.
• 8+ years of experience in system administration; Strong proficiency in Unix/Linux OS system, including system management, monitoring and analysis, software updates and patching, Backup & disaster recovery
• 3+ years of administration experience on Hadoop platform. Experience with Spark cluster, Ranger, Hive Metastore, object storage is preferred.
• Maintain system security strategies, policies, and procedures.
• Familiarity with networking, firewalls and load balancing
• Experience with Cloud infrastructure and container Environments: KVM, Docker or Kubernetes. GCP is preferred
• Assist with cloud server configurations, patches, and troubleshooting as needed.
• Strong technical knowledge of virtual machines, writing code, and software as a service.
• Experience with Database support. Oracle and PostgreSQL is preferred
• Experience using RESTful API-based web services and applications.
• Financial Industry experience is a plus
• Previous experience working in an Agile environment
• Good communications skills/ documentation skills
• Bachelors degree or relevant work experience required