Location: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 5 months
Reason for request: Data engineer is required at this time to assist with CCUL projects that require ETL processing using Talend.
Story Behind the Need
Project Summary: This team is responsible for delivering projects for the Credit Card and Unsecured Lending (CCUL) portfolio.
• Develop and Design ETL job using Talend,
• Provide technical guidance to diverse projects that differ in size and scope from their inception to delivery overseeing the technical solution, identifying reducing and mitigating risks.
• Guide and assist in the definition of non-functional requirements and the delivery of a highly scalable, secure and flexible solution.
• Collaborate with multiple technical teams to understand interdependencies, commonality and variability of the solutions under development and then help the teams deliver a platform made of reusable and configurable capabilities.
• Provide input to the continuous improvement of processes and adopting latest technologies and methodologies.
• Ensure Agile and DevOps practices are applied to software development and architecture design.
Qualifications/Must Have skills:
1. 3+ years: Strong knowledge and hands-on experience running ETL Talend Data Fabric.
2. 4+ years: Strong knowledge and experience with Java and Python, SQL/HQL, Linux OS Scripting/Commands and REST API.
3. 4+ years: Working knowledge and experience with, Spark, Hadoop, and any other Apache open-source projects such as Hive, Sqoop, Zookeeper and Beam.
4. 4+ years: Knowledge and experience with different IDEs including Eclipse, CI/CD tools (such as Jenkins), Confluence, defect tracking such as Jira
5. 4+ years: Experience with code repository, version control and code promotion tools such as bitbucket and Jenkins
6. 3+ years of hands-on experience on scaled Agile methodologies
Nice to have:
1. Coming from a FI or Banking background would be an asset
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.