Location: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 4 months
Project Summary : The main function of the Data Engineer is to develop, evaluate, test and maintain architectures and data solutions within our organization. The typical Data Engineer executes plans, policies, and practices that control, protect, deliver
Candidate Value Proposition –
– You will be working closely with 40 different Data Scientist as well as Data Strategist.
– You will have the opportunity to collaboratively work together, use analytical and critical thinking skills.
– Exposure to many different team members within the bank. If you are looking to start your career within banking, this is a great way to make a name for yourself, leave a lasting impression- and work with a very diverse hardworking group.
Typical Day in Role:
– Identifying data sources and create data pipeline using shell script or python script
– Working on the code versioning on Bit Bucket
– Writing Python scripts to extract data from various sources and Ingest data from/to Google cloud
Qualifications & Must Have Skills:
1. 4-6 years of experience with data engineering skills
2. 4-6 years of hands on experience with SQL, Shell Scripting and Python (TensorFlow, Pandas, Numpy, Keras)
3. 4-6 years of hands on experience ingesting data using APIs
4. 4-6 years of hands on experience with BI tools / Big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Scala
Nice to have:
1. Knowledge of Dialogflow ES and CX APIs, BigQuery, Google Cloud Data Loss Prevention, DataFlow
Degrees or certifications:
Bachelors or Masters in related studies.