Job Title: Data Analyst
Duration: 12 months
Description: General Accountability:
Perform complex security setup, static data maintenance, management and integration of data files, and running of operational and control reports to support business needs as well as to ensure compliance to data standards.
• Perform complex securities setup such as mortgage bonds, derivatives, floating rate bonds and private securities in the accounting system
• Reporting and escalation of discrepancies in data between order management and data system to parties concerned
• Assist manager and provide resolutions on data related issues and queries
• Assist in quality checking of data to ensure accuracy and completeness as well as resolving issues and escalation
• Ensure clear and concise process documentation is created and maintained up-to-date
• Exercise initiative to assist Manager data management and department management in review and analysis of established procedures and processes, making recommendations to ensure that efficient and flexible service is provided to clients at all times
• Remain updated with relevant securities industry development and market-specific best practices.
• Assist Manager Data management and provide support to the team as required, including participation in a regular program of industry specific training and interdepartmental cross training to ensure continuity of service.
• Provide assistance to manager data management on projects – to meet Management requirements by doing research, identifying needs, and developing/implementing solutions.
• Drive process improvements and collaborate with technology partners for data enhancements
• Risk assessment and mitigating errors by bridging gaps and logging remediation plans to mitigate future concerns
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics or any related course, One to two-year relevant work experience
• Knowledge in securities instruments/ security master processing and investment process
• Basic to average MS Office skills
• Strong analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Client focused with the ability to prioritize responsibilities
• Ability to influence and negotiate with team and clients within a sophisticated and demanding business environment
• Ability to react quickly and meet tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy and thoroughness
• Demonstrate flexibility and initiative in working with management and clients, adapting change strategies.
• Must not have any attendance issues and have not received any disciplinary action
• Keen attention to detail