One of Nexus Group's financial services clients is in need of multiple cloud engineers to build out their growing team. The group is ideally targeting Full-time employees for these openings, but may be open to contractors if needed.
- Key accountabilities include development, management and maintenance of cloud platforms, services and components to enable safe enterprise-wide use of cloud common functionality.
- Level 3 support responsibilities are required.
- Technical ownership/leadership of enterprise cloud product(s) or a complex part of a larger product.
- Designing, implementing and refactoring code (typically Java or Python).
- Participating in design discussions focused on scalability and design and implementation best practices.
- Ensuring software, programs and applications are developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability requirements.
- Working with other lead engineers and architects on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks.
- Participating in planning and retrospective sessions, attending stand-ups, etc.
- Be able to build and operate the highly available and scalable software and infrastructure.
- Our teams are flexible and fast – you will be asked to provide mentorship, peer review and quality control on a daily basis.
- Enthusiasm for cloud transformation and cloud platform/components/services development.
- Strong development experience, delivery history and breadth of language experience (Java, Python).
- Full understanding of software development life cycle as well as related technologies
- Sufficient domain expertise in cloud platform features and capabilities
- Proven experience in cloud development (Google GCP, Microsoft Azure).
- Ability to solve ambiguous and typically novel problems that require the effort of several engineers
- Expert in either a modern technology stack or legacy systems
- Full stack experience in product development
- Experience in technical leadership of small to medium sized technical teams in delivering production solutions
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken; of specific importance the strong communication to a technical audience
- Knowledge of software design patterns, ETL, and security considerations
- Direct the work of 2-3 Cloud Engineers and lead the team to deliver production solutions
- Awareness of how scalable, enterprise-level software system is designed (both on code and infrastructure levels).
- Experience working with relational databases
- Understanding of software release process (environments, binary repositories, CI/CD).
- Attention to details, high standards for quality.
- Desire to learn, grow yourself and your team.
- Passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users.
- Writing and maintaining related documentation.
- Investigating, analyzing, and resolving system problems
- Experience within Canadian financial institutions a benefit