Typical Day in Role:
• Design, develop and implement applications and solutions to support Global Technology Applications (GTA) system delivery
• Work within a Cloud (GCP, Hive), Python and ecosystem to design and deliver complex software components and applications.
• Migration from Hadoop Cluster to Google Cloud Platform.
• Analyze complex business requirements and transform them into robust technical specifications.
• Work in a dynamic, agile development team, collaborating closely with the BA and QA teams. Collaboration with the rest of the developer team.
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner.
• Opportunity to work with other projects depending on needs of the group
• Will be utilizing Java in a supporting capacity
Must Have Skills:
• 8+ years’ years’ experience as a developer working with a relevant tech stack
• 5+ years’ experience using Python hands-on (strong aptitude to migrate code into Python)
• 7+ years’ hands-on experience writing advanced SQL/HQL queries
• Recent hands-on experience using Java/Scala
• Unix/Linux environment
• AirFlow experience is a great asset to hit the ground running
• Hadoop experience is an asset
• Financial Industry experience is an asset
– Verbal and written communication
– Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
– Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree computer science, engineering, or a related field required