Typical Day in Role:
• Assist the Director in leading the development and implementation of an enterprise risk taxonomy to improve consistency and management of risks at the Bank which includes Data analysis and interpretation
• Working with multiple stakeholders and senior management across the risk groups to assess the impact of the developed risks on system processes and reporting
• Develop an enterprise-wide rollout strategy of the taxonomy for adoption across the bank
• Carry out special projects or investigations relating to enterprise risk or other relevant topics/areas as requested by the Director and/or senior management
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook, and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Make recommendations to senior leaders on enterprise risk strategic initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the risk landscape at the Bank
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Strong proficiency with Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups) and other MS products (Word, PPT)
2) 5+ years of experience in risk management within FI
3)1+ years of experience with Data Analytics
4) Experience working and or managing a project
1) Professional accounting designation (CPA), CFA, or MBA
2) MS Project
5) Power BI
Soft Skills Required:
-Strong strategic thinking, analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
-Excellent communication skills with ability to write clearly and concisely
-Ability to influence and/or collaborate to obtain stakeholder consensus
-Strong prioritization skills, with the ability to solve complex problems
-Able to work independently, manage ambiguity, and be highly collaborative on in-depth tasks
– leadership skills
University degree is required