Location Address: Hybrid (2-3 days/week)
Contract Duration: 12 months
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GWRT – Global Risk Technology
• Project: Algo DSL project – Credit check system for trading counterparties. Onboarding new functionalities into system and build out infrastructure for calculations and to communicate information to trading systems.
• Reason for request: New project need
Candidate Value Proposition
– The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain a broad range of experience across different tools within the risk management and trading areas.
Typical Day in Role
• Collaborate with other teams within risk management to gather requirements and provide updates on progress
• Working alongside other BAs, developers, and project managers
• Generate business requirements and documents that align to the new DSL policy to ensure that the new technology meets the needs of the business lines as they adapt to comply with policy
• Work alongside developers and technical experts to develop functions or technical requirements that will provide the reference for new technology and new software
• Define specifications and technology frameworks to ensure compliance with existing technical stack and regulatory requirements for security and accountability.
• Design functional test cases and carry out the testing and valuation concurrently with development.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 10+ years’ experience as a business analyst
• 5+ years’ experience within a technology field
• Capital Markets or banking experience is required (ability to understand financial statements and work with complex financial instruments)
• Working experience with Excel and SQL (intermediate queries)
• Experience with risk management would be a strong asset
• Experience with VBA is an asset
• Familiarity with different data formats such as XML and JSON are assets
• Verbal and written communication is required
• Good teamwork
• Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to changes in requirements
• Proactive problem solver
Best vs Average: Prior experience working within risk management (market risk, counterparty relationships, etc.) will be prioritized on top of must-have skills. Communication is central to the role, as is ability to generate technical documentation.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a related field required.