Location: Toronto (WFH for now)
Duration: 08/03/2021 to 02/02/2022 6 months (potential for extension)
Story behind the need:
Business group: Responsible for delivering technology solutions for derivatives capital markets business users.
Project: Derivatives platform modernization phase 5 – Product Migration. Modernization of inhouse designed and built Derivatives trading platform. This initiative includes existing product migration and new product onboarding. The platform is an end to end solution including trade lifecycle capture, accounting, settlements and integration with numerous upstream and downstream data sources and applications.
Candidate Value Proposition:
– Work on a web based platform with modern technologies ( micro service architecture, exposure to non-SQL databases, Streaming Architecture, Graph QL and more)
– See processes from end to end (not just requirement gathering)
– Multifaceted role with exposure to front, middle and back offices to understand what those groups need
Typical Day in the role:
– Supporting the Front to back office trading lifecycle while also gathering requirements and planning out the ongoing evolution of the system.
– Providing support to the Business and prioritizing deliverables with front and middle office teams to plan out monthly sprints. Excellent time and relationship management will be required to manage upcoming deliverables and user expectations for each release. The result of which must be articulately communicated to the Development team and outlined in JIRA tickets.
– Requirements gathering and documentation for existing and new processes/systems developed within Trade Management stream. This encompasses BA, Dev and User inputs to flesh out documentation which can then be stored and shared via Confluence. (Requirements gathered for new initiatives will also have to be stored in JIRA tickets on a per issue/feature/change basis.)
– Creating Test Cases and fully running through scenarios to ensure results match up with business expectations and that releases are bug free. (Typical production releases are conducted once per month on Friday night, which will occasionally require the applicant to stay late to conduct post implementation checks and provide updates/support for downstream systems.)
– Gather business requirements from capital markets and treasury users across font, middle and back offices
– Analyze business requirements, and provide system designs and solutions with consideration of pros and cons
– Translate system solutions into development specification
– Design and execute test cases to meet business expectations
– Drive communications between users and developers on a daily basis, especially with the development team.
– Prioritize initiatives with consideration of system component interdependency
– Generate test cases (overall involvement in the testing aspect of the system development lifecycle.)
Must have hard skills:
1. 6+ years of BA experience in capital markets (front office trade booking and risk systems)
2. 5- 6+ years of experience working with derivative trading products
3. Knowledge of derivative products in rates, equities, forex and credit in capital markets space
4. Excellent data analysis skills including SQL commands (and Postman, Swagger exposure for the non SQL databases)
5. Understand full software design, development and test cycles
Nice to have hard skills:
1. Previous migration project experience in capital markets and/or treasury space
2. Hand-on experience in MarkitWire or/and WSS FX
– Strong communication skills (can describe complex business and system concepts in a clear and efficient way)
– Excellent time management skills in fast paced work environments
– Ability to lead project initiatives both in a small team setting and independently
– Someone who does not require a lot of direction (will be operating independently)
Education/ years of overall experience: Bachelor degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Science, Economics, or Finance, FRM or CFA (nice to have)