Capital Markets BSA
Location Address: Hybrid or remote, Toronto
Contract Duration: 9 months
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need: This GWRT – Derivatives and Structured Product Technology department is specifically focused on derivatives technology. They look after the end to end applications of there in house-built trading platform.
Project: Market Order Data retention initiative
Reason for request: New project
Candidate Value Proposition
– The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be exposed to various technologies that integrate multiple aspects of the bank.
– Exposure to multiple derivative asset classes, working with multiple business users
– Opportunity for extension / conversion with good performance
Typical Day in Role
• Manage, elicit, analyze and document detailed-level business and functional requirements (relating to data, business rules, calculations, report outputs) utilizing relevant requirements artifacts.
• Lead and conduct workshops to facilitate requirements gathering and discovery.
• Work closely with stakeholders to assess the current and future states and perform detailed gap analyses.
• Manage the project requirements using Waterfall and Scrum methodologies.
• Effectively communicate and build rapport with all team members and stakeholders, including various source system teams and vendor teams.
• Work on multiple projects and/or lead specific sections of large projects to implement solutions to business problems. This involves planning, soliciting and defining business requirements and processes, developing detailed project plans, managing vendor relationship and deliverables, monitoring progress against planned objectives, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management.
• Strong knowledge of requirements / design methodology – detail oriented, analytical and capable of investigating complex / technical issues and provide alternative solutions, project methodologies including Scrum, Agile and DevOps.
• Excellent team player by working with cross-departmental business & IT stakeholders, ability to manage conflicts.
• Highly motivated and committed, capable of working in a dynamic environment with aggressive timelines, multiple work streams running in parallel.
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 5 + years’ experience working as a BSA for a large organization
2. 3 + years’ Capital Markets industry related experience, preferably within regulatory experience
3. Strong with SQL, Data base exposure/experience – candidate does not need to have development experience
• Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate business requirements to senior stakeholders and end users
Nice to have skills:
• Recent system experience within Capital Markets is preferred and will be prioritized
• Previous Scotiabank exp. is a plus
• Experience with Kafka is an asset
Best vs Average: Self-starter and quick learner who enjoys hands-on work.
Degrees or certifications: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1-2 Step process: Microsoft Teams Interview, second round as needed
– BSA is not expected to be at the development level, however they are expected to query databases and can navigate through SQL – VlookUps* someone who can also go into the system and do analysis and investigation will do will in this role
– Need someone who can adapt
– Migrating to Kafka – is a nice to have haven’t migrated data yet (Sybase will be sent to Kafka bus)