Business Systems Analyst
Typical Day in Role:
– Works closely with end-users, developers, and team members to understand business requirements and document findings that drive the design and quality of the technical solutions.
– Performing data analysis to ensure data quality
– Involved in the testing and supporting application software that is delivered
– Makes recommendations towards user interface or software implementations.
– Assist in resolving complex problems to meet the technology needs of the ETF Trading Desk by applying your business and technological knowledge to perform analysis, reconciliations, defining user requirements, design and implementation of system enhancements/solutions.
– Test, validate, and deploy solutions to the production environment using a full SDLC cycle
– Create artifacts required for deployments
– Working with the Data Platform team and connecting with other groups from the Data Governance
– Build relationships and work with key stakeholders to deliver value-added solutions quickly.
– Produce conceptual interface designs through iterative wireframes, mock-ups, user flows, and conceptual diagrams and provide detailed specifications to the development team
– Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, perform under pressure, and change priorities as needed.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
– 10+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst in a challenging and fast pace environment
– Recent professional experience analyzing SQL database
– Recent and relevant experience working with equities and fixed income (capital markets)
– Agile and Waterfall methodologies
– Experience with creation and redemption of ETFs
– Kibana or Elastic Search
– Ability to write Python scripts
• The candidate must also possess good analytical, problem solving and communication skills, and be able to interact efficiently with other team members and the user community. The candidate should also be a quick learner, self motivated and results oriented, and able to work independently.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required