Business Systems Analyst- Capital Markets
Typical Day in Role
• Collaborate with other teams within risk management to gather requirements and provide updates on progress
• Working alongside other BAs, developers, and project managers
• Generate business requirements and documents to ensure that the new process meets the needs of the business lines while complying with internal controls and applicable policies.
• Work alongside developers and technical experts to develop functions or technical requirements that will provide the reference for new technology and new software
• Define specifications and technology frameworks to ensure compliance with existing technical stack and regulatory requirements for security and accountability.
• Design functional test cases and carry out the testing and valuation concurrently with development.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years’ experience as a business systems analyst on a technology team
– Experience with documentation and functional testing
• Capital Markets or banking experience is required (ability to understand financial statements and work with complex financial instruments)
• Recent working experience with SQL (intermediate queries)
• Recent working experience with Excel
• Basic Linux command experience (e.g. grep function)
• Experience with risk management would be a strong asset
• Familiarity with different data formats such as XML and JSON are assets
• Verbal and written communication skills are required
• Good teamwork
• Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to changes in requirements
• Proactive problem solver
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.