Location: WFH, Toronto
Contract Length: 6 months (possibility for extension)
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: Seeking an experienced Business Systems Analyst. The project is already in progress and is focused on maintaining and upgrading business regulations for the digital channels.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain further experience in a highly critical and visible role to the bank.
Typical Day in Role:
– Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
– Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
– Analyze and develop technical requirements based on solution documentation
– Ensure integrity of business and technical requirements in end-to-end customer journey
– Facilitate requirements gathering and design sessions with multiple stakeholders to extract requirements, and turning them into use cases, user stories, sequence diagrams, cheat sheets, etc., whatever is suitable – to meet development and stakeholder needs
– Create, refine and maintain product backlog and associated deliverables; release backlog with forecasted delivery timelines
– Works on multiple projects as a project team member Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
– Contribute to a collaborative team environment by information sharing and team cooperation
– Demonstrate strong personal values and a commitment to our mission and customers
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
1. 7+ years’ Business Systems Analyst experience working on challenging IT System projects, specifically web integration projects.
2. 5+ years’ Financial industry experience, ideally within one of the big 5 banks.
3. 4+ years’ Agile and lean project experience – strong understanding of Agile methodology and process
4. Hands-on experience with Rational Rose / MS Visio / MS Project / JIRA / Confluence / SQL – recent project experience preferred
5. Proficient in drawing Business Process Flow and User Cases Modeling, proven through recent project experience
Nice to Have/Highly Preferred Skills:
– Previous bank experience is highly preferred and will be prioritized
– Certificated PMP or CSM
– Previous experience as Software Engineer
– Recent project experience with Personal & Business Banking, especially Payment / Wealth Management / Banking Security.
– Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential
– The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
– Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
– Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
– Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills
Education and Certifications:
– Certificated PMP or CSM is preferred
– Bachelors in technical related field or business field required, Post Graduate Education background in Finance/Business