Hiring Manager: Senior Development Manager
Location Address: Hybrid – King Street E – 1 day/month – open to fully remote candidates
Contract Duration: 10 months/ Jan-Oct 31, 23
Possibility of extension & conversion to FTE
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday; standard 37.5 hrs/week – Possible OT
They will be carrying the on-call pager 1/every 3 weeks so 5-8 hours of OT; and supporting the after-hour releases.
*Need to be ok with weekends and evening work*
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Applications – part of the bank's digital Engineering – supporting digital banking applications (desktop banking)
The Digital Engineering Operations team is responsible for the production support and operation of the Bank’s retail Digital Channels (Online and Mobile Banking); Online brokerage; Mobile Payments and related production applications.
Project: Contractor will be supporting steady state applications, online, online brokerage, mobile iTrades, global banking – next generation desktop applications for online brokerage
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a great team culture, within a team works together well; gain exposure to different areas of the bank, not only in technology, but different product lines, vendors; there is a chance to explore interests and work towards them. Working in digital/digital banking puts you at the forefront of the field and there is visibility – successes and challenges are visible to the team and can help define a career path.
Typical Day in Role:
• The incumbent is responsible for the maintenance, support and change control of Bank's digital channel operations. She/he will part of a team of that will be responsible for incident/problem management of Online brokerage; Mobile brokerage and related production change
• If not on call, intake scalations from customer facing teams, in form of Service Now tickets; if customer is having issues trading, viewing accounts – use different tools to investigate,
• Look at database and understand how they are set up, understand Dynatrace and Splunk
• Understand what customer experience is; understand root cause analysis, triage with tech partners; infrastructure teams, vendors, products groups to understand experience per requirement, know who to go to when fixing it
•When on call – also escalate based on priority and based on user population and scale; instead of working via email or teams, will be doing so via a Bridge call – with vendors, tech partners product groups, will also be paged; escalations triggered via auto alert via customer complaint.
• On a day to day, will be working on 5-20 tickets – depending on complexity
The incumbent will perform a liaison role and ongoing interaction between various units including, but not limited to: Canadian Banking; Digital; Technology partners; Customer facing staff; QA departments; Vendors; Product groups; Business lines
• Direct day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with our risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits, and communicate it throughout the team.
• Position will be focused on leadership, building knowledge base, managing various vendor relationships and the customer impact associated with scheduled and unscheduled production events.
• Create an environment in which your team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to risk and compliance
• Willingness to work outside of the traditional work week and requires continual shifting of priorities. The role requires attention after hours and on call support
• Assist in the development of processes designed to report, analyze and resolve problems with the objective of mitigating the associated operational, reputational, financial, and regulatory risks.
• Demonstrate leadership abilities and collaborate effectively with various technology and product partners.
• Be curious as the skill set and product knowledge will be ever evolving
• Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, balance simultaneous priorities and make quick and sound decisions under pressure
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years’ experience as a Business Systems Analyst, within technology
2) 3+ years’ ITIL Service Delivery experience
3) 3+ years’ Performance and Capacity management software experience –Dynatrace, New Relic, and Splunk (at least 1, please list which)
4) 3+ years’ demonstrated experience in leading root cause analysis with technology partners
5) 3+ years’ experience in testing mobile apps or desktop web-based apps
1) Personal interest in investing
2) Service Now
3) SQL experience
4) Experience documenting on Confluence
5) Familiarity with Cloud technologies: Azure, Kubernetes
6) Canadian Securities Course
Soft Skills Required:
• Strong logical thinking in understanding end to end use cases, as well as mapping them to system flows
• Curious and experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty
• Effective communication and diplomacy skills are required to liaise between groups of varying technical expertise and interests.
• Being able to communicate complex technology incidents to a variety of stakeholders
• Post-secondary degree in a related field (technical or business)
Canadian Securities Course is a nice to have
Best VS. Average Candidate:
Someone who has experience with incident management, problem management in a financial setting, and is able to both understand customer user journeys as well as the technologies that enable those end-to-end customer user journeys.
Investment background an asset not required, mobile brokerage experience, supporting both mobile and iOS and Android applications
Candidate Review & Selection
1 round – 1 hour MS Teams video interviews
With HM and Senior Manager
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP