Location: WFH, Toronto
Contract Length: 4 months (Oct 31 end)
Story Behind the Need: Group is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to work in a cross functional technology team responsible for the bank's critical wire payment and processing system. This is a high value payment system that supports the bank's wireroom and money transfer business operations with international interfaces to SWIFT payment network.
Candidate Value Proposition:
Supporting payments, the bank is going through rapid modernization – you will be a part of a very dynamic, Agile, energetic team that works very closely together. Bank makes the most of their virtual atmosphere and have fun working together on a day to day basis.
Typical Day in Role:
– Day to day work depends on task at hand
– Analyze project requirements, story mapping, and data flow analysis
– assist the project team in understanding the requirements and communicating with technical team to understand these requirements
– The candidate will have the opportunity to grow into more of a managerial role and coordinate with business partners and task team to execute the testing
– Responsible to bridge business and technology to design reliable technical solutions and processes for diverse user groups.
– Capture business/compliance requirements, identify pain-points/gaps, design solution proposal, conduct analysis, validate assumption,
– Support and validate product/solution implemented correctly by development team
– Must be able to work within tight deadlines and schedules which may result in extended working hours during peak time to meet project deliverables
– Mentor and coach less experienced team members
– Support various portfolio initiatives where possible
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
– 5+ years of experience in a similar Business Systems Analyst role
– 3+ years of hands-on experience in delivering end-to-end software solution
– 3+ years of experience working within Banking/FS
Nice to Have/Highly Preferred Skills:
– Experience using SWIFT AND BESS are preferred
– The incumbent should have good knowledge of agile and familiar with Software Development Life Cycle
– The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
– Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
– Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
– Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills
Education and Certifications:
– University/college degree in related field