Job title: Business Analyst
Contract Length: 6 months (opportunity for extension)
Location: WFH (Scarborough if Covid Restrictions Lifted)
Our large banking client is seeking a Business Analyst to assist with ongoing project support on the Payments Merchant Acquiring project by providing/analyzing business requirements, POS merchant testing, and ongoing feedback to management of project progress.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will be working hands on with some of the most disruptive and emerging technologies and across the most advanced applications in the FS space.
Typical Day in the Role:
– Assist the Manager/ Project Manager in resolving highly complex, multi-faceted problems.
– Participate in the systems implementation process.
– Supervise and co-ordinate the testing of medium to large projects.
– Execute and verify the results of UAT tests and take appropriate action.
– Assess the results of UAT tests and take appropriate action.
– Provide input regarding the assessment of the risk and quality of changes and enhancements.
– Provide ongoing feedback to management of project progress.
– Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
– Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
– Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation
– Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
– Supports one or more highly complex business processes
– Works on multiple projects as a project team member
– Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
1) 5+ years of experience in a similar Business Analyst Position
2) 5+ years of hands on experience with cards and payments (ATM, POS, Visa, Mastercard – Standard of payments (understand process of those certification processes)
3) 3-5 year experience in the Merchant Acquiring Industry and/or Payments Industry
4) 3-5 years of experience working with EMV Chip processing
5) Proficient Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Excel – 5+ years of experience
– Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential
– The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
– Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
– Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
– Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills
Nice to have Skills:
– Bilingual in Spanish / English
– Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree or technical institute degree/ certificate or equivalent post-secondary education