Typical Day in Role:
1. Data Analysis and testing
– Review various data mappings along the liquidity risk data flow and understand the data structures along with the mappings.
– Write SQL queries for data mining.
– Write UAT test cases.
– Conduct UAT of data provisioned to support undrawn commitment report changes.
– Conduct UAT of undrawn commitment records generated from liquidity risk cashflow engine.
– Conduct UAT of undrawn commitment report generated from reporting layer.
– Create, update, and maintain business requirement document of different products for liquidity risk cashflow engine to generate cashflows used in undrawn commitment reporting
-Update and maintain product mapping table from liquidity risk data feeds to cashflow generation module.
– Create, update, and maintain product mapping logic from source system to liquidity risk data provisioning and enrichment layer
3. Relationship Management
– Collaborate and build rapport with Project Manager, other Business Analysts, reporting analysts and IT partners.
– Work with IT partners to help translate users’ requests into technical specifications, when necessary
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3+ years as a Business Analyst
2) Basic knowledge in VBA and SQL, and Microsoft advanced functions.
3) Experience with conducting UAT on data intensive reporting implementations involving technology changes.
1) Good knowledge of banking products, as well as liquidity risk reporting preferred.
2) Exposure to liquidity cashflow generator would be an asset.
3) Advance expertise in MS Office suite of products
Soft Skills Required:
– Creative, results oriented, highly motivated individual with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to apply knowledge to independently and effectively resolve complex business problems.
– Strong communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills to facilitate working with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
– Ability to work in a dynamic environment, manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
– Adaptable working as part of a team or independently with minimum supervision.
– Undergraduate degree in business, finance or computer science is required
– MBA, CFA or accounting designation is an asset