Typical Day in Role:
– Role attends the office minimum 2 days a week.
– Provide the GWO Operation Teams with support for closure of Compliance, Audit and Regulatory open issues.
– Coordinate and assist in the preparation of information requests that come to the GWO team from Audit, Compliance, and others.
– Support the GWO team to understand, analyze and resolve Compliance and Audit finding and inquiries. This includes responding to audit/testing observations and findings and driving strategy to successfully close open issues.
– Document issue closure. Ensure design effectiveness and operational effectiveness are anchored within the business and recordkeeping is in place to evidence closure.
– Ensure that timelines are met and where timelines are at risk, ensure that appropriate escalations occur.
– Coordinating with key stakeholders to ensure teams leverage best practices and develop processes to ensure that GWO is in alignment with key stakeholders
– Understand regulatory reporting requirements and ensure that the key business processes are built to ensure compliance with the reporting obligations in all regions the bank operates
-You will Identify, Escalate and Remediate G20 Regulatory Trade Reporting Errors
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of experience as Business Analyst or related field
• 5 + years of experience working in the OTC derivatives regulatory environment – with strong derivative product knowledge and regulatory within a Financial Services Industry.
• 5+ years of Previous experience in business, operational risk, compliance, audit, testing or front office function
• 5 + years In-Depth knowledge of the following Regulations: Canada Securities Act (CSA) &/OR Dodd Frank Act (DFA), (CFTC)
• The European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR)
• Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) OTC Derivatives Requirement, Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) OTC Derivatives Requirements, and the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) OTC Derivatives Requirement
Soft Skills Required:
• Excellent Communication – verbal, and written
• Organizational Skills
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage, improve and ensure constant effective working relationships with internal stakeholders to support their initiatives and mitigate regulatory and operational risk
• Superior problem-solving, strategic thinking and analytical thinking skills
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field is required