Business Analyst Specialist
• Partner primarily with a technical analyst on the team to deliver on end of life project
• Join a fast-paced, front office application support team
• Play a key role and ensure smooth running of our Fixed Income, Front Office Trading business in New York on a day to day basis. Candidates will need to be customer service centric with a good balance of communication, business and technical skills.
• Ensure incident and change management processes are executed as mandated, partnering with various internal teams and divisions for reporting purposes and to develop necessary improvements for improved operational efficiencies, reduced costs and improved customer satisfaction.
• Engage in problem solving sessions with other team members in order to develop improvements, reduce inefficiencies in current processes and build permanent solutions. Develop new standards to reduce support effort overheads.
• Work closely with a global team of e-trading technology professionals, promoting high levels of service, quality and efficiency via knowledge transfer, training, industrialization and globalization of processes.
• Manage resolution of service delivery – escalate issues, lead service recovery teams, ensure that root cause analysis is conducted.
• Ensure internal support processes are understood, documented, validated, updated & communicated to key stakeholders.
• Be involved and play a key role in ongoing projects.
• Timely reporting, with respect to: Support Status; Incident Management; Time Management.
• Perform assigned responsibilities in a professional manner, and in accordance with company policy.
Must Have Skills:
• 10+ years of practical experience is required
• Excellent working knowledge of ION Trading Systems, particularly MMI (PXE, Refdata) and Anvil
– Supporting trading systems and how trades flow front to back. Should be comfortable assessing trading systems/components to investigate trade breaks, connectivity, and data issues
• 2+ years’ recent experience with financial markets and products, specifically Fixed Income & Rates
• 2+ years’ experience with SQL (writing and running queries, supporting technical analyst in testing, making technical changes with setting up servers, etc.)
• Knowledge of IT project & development lifecycles (SDLC) within Investment Banks
• Bloomberg (including TOMS) and MarketAxess
• Programming or Technical knowledge:
o Scripting, and/or experience in Programming Languages
o Database technology – Oracle, Sybase preferred
o Windows Desktop and Server 2008/12, Linux, Thin Client
o Networking technologies, operating systems, hardware and protocols
o Log debugging and technical root cause analysis
• Ability to think logically, analyze and troubleshoot complex problems to conclusion
• A strong focus on client service and delivery with trading desk facing experience
• Highly proactive, self-motivated and self-sufficient with the ability to learn new skills quickly
• Excellent organizational, facilitation and communication (verbal & written) skills
Degrees or certifications:
• A recognized under-graduate degree in business, computer science, finance or a related discipline