Job Posting Title: Business Analyst – 5
Location Address: Toronto
Contract Duration: 10/13/20 – 4/9/21 (6 months) – with possibility of extension
Candidate Value Proposition: This role will be responsible for representing the SCI Regulatory Reporting team in the operating committee meetings, providing status updates to management and coordinating requirements and executing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the appropriate Finance stakeholders. In addition to having the opportunity to work in one of Canada’s top banks, the candidate will have the opportunity to work with key management contacts who are involved in ensuring our client's adherence to Canadian Regulations.
Typical Day in Role:
– Take a lead role in preparing for and executing UAT testing for financial and regulatory reporting (both external and internal), as well as for other workstreams as needed. Where required, coordination would be required with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), in addition to facilitating the timely acquisition of signoffs.
– Obtain a deep understanding of SCI as a legal entity, its financial and regulatory reporting requirements, the processes that occur, and the IT infrastructure applicable to it. Using this knowledge, represent the SCI Regulatory Reporting team in day-to-day dealings with the project delivery team, including the weekly working groups.
– Assist SMEs in executing project related tasks by performing a coordination role, and by ensuring that requirements are properly scheduled for delivery, and all issues are satisfactorily concluded.
– Perform data analytics primarily utilizing Microsoft Access / Excel during the prototype validation phase of the project, to ensure proper data integrity and data lineage from source data to model outputs. Review Business Requirements Documents (BRDs) to ensure all requirements are properly captured and documented, with proper sign offs.
– Responsible for performing and assisting in assigned and ad hoc functions related to the SCI Regulatory Reporting team's tasks and to backfill SME's released to do project work.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) A minimum of 5+ years business as usual industry experience is required to effectively manage day-to-day, as well as the project requirements.
2) Significant contributions to a Project with a minimum 6-month duration– Must have represented department in a project from beginning to end.
3) 5 + Years; Knowledge of Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and Canadian Investment Protection Fund (CIPF) rules and financial and regulatory reporting filing requirements. This includes, but is not limited to, Dealer Member balance sheet reporting, income statement reporting, other regulatory reporting (IIROC Monthly Financial Report and Form 1), P/L reporting, margin calculations, reconciliations and other similar functions
4) 5 + years Strong analytical skills to deal with large quantities of data.
5) Proficient in Excel – understand computer systems and be computer savvy.
1) Proficient in desktop tools, knowledge of PeopleSoft General Ledger system, Broadridge (trading platform/database), OBI, SmartView, Excel and Microsoft Access.
Soft Skills Required:
1) Strong communication skills for frequent contact with senior management.
2) Required to exercise sound judgement and good organizational abilities in establishing priorities and shuffling of assignments with conflicting deadlines and short turnaround notice.
3) Act independently with minimal supervision.
Degrees: Bachelor's degree in Finance or another related field. (Accounting Base)