Job Title: Intermediate Capital Markets – Business Analyst
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 2 months with possibility of extension if candidate performs well as there are upcoming projects.
Project – Group Falls within Regulatory and Business Initiatives. Bank is going through a re-architecture and are currently preparing for new regulation to transition smoothly. This resource will be required to help close gap in documentation.
This position is an interesting opportunity as the Regulatory and Business Initiatives group touches many parts of Capital Markets and it involves changes that are up and coming to the bank. This position will provide a wide breath of experience within Capital Markets group within Scotiabank.
Typical Day in Role:
– Writing requirements document and future state requirements for reporting platforms
– Writing test cases base on those requirements, conducting test cases and documenting results
– Collaborate with IT and compliance and regulatory control groups in the banks.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5-8 Years of Experience as a Business Analyst
2) 5-8 Years’ Experience in writing requirements and Perform Traceability to Regulatory Text/Rules. (should have created BRD’s, Traceability Matrix)
3) 2-4 Years Minimum – Knowledge of OTC Derivatives Products and Markets, Trade Events and Trade Reporting.
1) Knowledge of Capital Markets Regulations, Ideally CFTC/Dodd Frank.
Soft Skills Required:
1) Excellent Communication Skills – ability to facilitate meetings
2) Analysis Skills – Ability to document current and future state, gap analysis etc.
Degrees: Bachelor’s in finance or other related field.