Job Posting Title: Business Analyst
Location Address: Toronto, ON – WFH
Contract Duration: 3/22 – 4 months, possibility of extension
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9 AM – 5 PM – likelihood of OT
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Data Models & Analytics – The primary role of Global Finance Technology is to work with the Bank's finance community to redesign/re-engineer finance processes to enhance effectiveness and efficiency. The unit is also responsible for developing and implementing Financial/MIS applications services to meet the changing needs of Finance and the Bank. These applications have an enterprise-wide user community, and are an integral part of Finance's performance measurement, reporting and control infrastructure.
Project: On going support for multiple projects – primarily projects related to GL conversion projects, taking sub diaries, and onboarding them to enterprise platform. Taking current GL and converting to Peoplesoft.
Reason for request: Additional Workload, project related work
Candidate Value Proposition: Dynamic environment, fast growing, high demand group. Skill set can be used for further opportunities. Great opportunity for someone who is curious, interested in expanding knowledge base, great role to have because every project gives the opportunity to learn something new.
Typical Day in Role:
– Gathering requirements on reporting, security hypercare, training – define scope of the project, build requirements, work with stakeholders, developers.
– Understand the requirements, and based on the requirements and knowledge of application being tested, the writing of test cases, steps for execution of the test cases
– Working with developers on the testing of the new reports and sharing the results of the test cases with the greater project teams. – Developers and end users so they understand
– Status summary weekly on results of testing
– Keep team updated frequently
– Learn new applications quickly
– Manage deliverables based on the SDLC
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5 – 8 years + FI Business Analysis experience specifically with financial Reporting, or Accounting.
2) 5 Years – Quality Assurance Experience – have had hands-on experience with testing framework in a project environment.
3) 5 + JIRA/Confluence experience
4) Experience working on Agile based project environment
5) Excellent Communication Skills – Verbal and Written.
1) BA certifications
2) Oracle BI, SmartView, Peoplesoft
Soft Skills Required:
- Patience, able to provide support
- Detail focused, provide training material, provide training to users
- Adapt to changing environments flexible to accommodate.
Degrees: Bachelor's degree in business, ideally finance.
Certifications: CPA designation completed or in progress is preferred.
Candidate Review & Selection:
• 1 Step Process: 1 Microsoft Teams Interview • Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP