Typical Day in Role:
-Develop, execute, and maintain reporting dashboards.
• Conduct source metadata data analysis and profiling to build Data Platform Analytics product backlog.
• Drive Data Platform Management analytics projects to get insights to achieve business objectives and manage risks.
• Participate in the requirements gathering, design, plan, coordination, and development of Data Platform initiatives with varying scope, ambiguity, and complexity.
• Work closely with stakeholders to understand business needs, data specifications, and translate highly complex requirements into technical design and implementation.
• Drive business process improvement efforts across the Data Platform Management team to ensure that standardization, efficiencies, and best practices are employed while leveraging systems, automation and other solutions as needed.
• Collaborate and support team members when needed.
• Participate in all aspects of the QA life cycle, with a focus on agile methodologies.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3+ years of experience with Data mining in Python, Spark, Hive/Hadoop
2) 3+ years of experience building and maintaining Power BI or Tableau dashboards
3) Strong working knowledge with project management tools, such as, Confluence, JIRA
4) Advanced Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio software or equivalent tools
5) 2+ years of experience with relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
1) Experience with public cloud solutions like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
2) Experience with data and metadata management principles and tools (Collibra, Informatica…).
3) Experience with big data technologies (Cloudera/Hortonworks, Cassandra, Spark, other)
4) Knowledge of software engineering best practices such as code reviews, testing frameworks, maintainability and readability
5) Experience with agile delivery frameworks
6) Experience with the analytics & data project life cycle (e.g. ETL).
Soft Skills Required:
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to synthesize and summarize large data sets gathered from multiple sources.
• High attention to detail to ensure data and reporting are accurate, complete, and meet stakeholder needs.
• Communication skills (verbal/written)
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team
•Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in business, science, or engineering