Job Title: Business Analyst
Location Address: Toronto – Currently WFH
Contract Duration: 4/19 – 6 month contract, possibility
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Global Compliance Transformation Program Office – Program office that is responsible for Compliance transformation and TPRM. Multi-Year programs that deal with outstanding compliance and regulatory issues, audit findings or issues that regulators have.
Project: Business Analyst needed to support the ABAC stream on the Compliance transformation – Anti – bribery and Corruption – business BA will be implementing an in house built solution for ABAC payments monitoring systems, implementing a tactical illusion for gift and entertainment by the end FY 21.
Candidate Value Proposition: Candidate will join a dynamic new team to support the creation and roll-out of the banks compliance transformation program office initiatives focus on a best in class monitoring program.
Typical Day in Role:
– Business Analyst will work directly with Subject Matter Experts and the program management team, collaborate with internal stakeholders, business users, and technical teams/vendors to drive varying processes and deliverables
– Lead, co-ordinate and manage process design workshops with stakeholders from Compliance and Business teams to accurately capture business requirements and processes
– Prepare required discussion documents for process design workshops, communicate outcome to stakeholders and ensure actions/issues are tracked through to resolution
– Support business requirements gathering process through facilitation of data gathering workshops and subsequent translation into User Stories
– Liaise with stakeholders from Compliance, Business, and IT to clarify business requirements where needed
– Analyze existing policies and procedures to identify gaps created by new processes and recommend changes accordingly
– Support delivery of all aspects of UAT through planning, execution and closure for the selected solution
– Understand the complexity of the end-to-end program and successfully complete deliverables
– Develop and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5-7 years +, relevant and practical Business Analyst experience in end-to-end requirement gathering, business process mapping (ability to develop process maps/flows), and UAT testing – Financial Services experience is preferred.
2) Excellent Communication Skills – both written and verbal
3) Leadership Skills – able to drive and lead
1) Knowledge of Anti-Bribery Anti-Corruption domain
2) Experience in implementing in-house built solutions (from the business side)
Soft Skills Required:
1) Able to balance multiple projects and competing priorities
2) Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
3) Strong facilitation skills
4) Strong influencing, negotiation, managerial and strategic thinking skills
Degrees: Bachelors education in Business Administration, Engineering or related program