Location: Toronto (WFH for now)
Duration: 07/19/2021 to 10/29/2021 (potential for extension)
Business group: AML arm within the bank that is responsible for AML activities (processes, policies, solutions, overall accountability for entire bank). On the business solutions side, it entails reporting and internal processes (standardization across the different streams).
Candidate Value Proposition:
– Opportunity to work in an AML space that is growing (opportunity to expand and grow career)
– Exposure to tech and business side key stakeholders
Typical Day in the role:
– This role will support 1st line IB requirements gathering and will produce the Business Requirements Documents required to implement Name Screening and Client Risk Rating for these IB units.
– Converse and write technical requirements that are received in Spanish but written in English.
– This role engages with multiple stakeholders from different lines of business.
– The employee must be able to work independently to gather and document all business requirements.
– Work with our technology partners to provide accepted solutions for our key stakeholders.
– Use JIRA stories, Confluence on a regular basis
– Develop operational readiness checklists and other artifacts as appropriate (change management, oversee activities for training and communications, making sure tech is set up, ensure end users are ready)
– Build and manage relationships with business and technology partners. Engage with users and partner with development to ensure system requirements are realized; assist with implementation, testing requirements and supporting Business As Usual (BAU).
– Drive initiatives through the various phases by effectively managing the escalation of issues with stakeholders for resolution.
– Support any requests for the development of audit and regulatory documentation which may be required on an ad-hoc basis.
Must have hard skills:
1. Fluent in Spanish
2. 5+ years of experience as a BA (waterfall and agile methodologies)
3. 3+ years of experience working on projects/ initiatives that have touched on the AML space
Nice to have hard skills:
1. Project management experience
2. Familiar with Oracle
3. Experience with client risk rating models (sanctions)
4. Financial sector experience
– A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level
– Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions
– Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills
– Organizational and time management skills
– Strong writing skills (necessary for creation of BRD)
Education/ years of overall experience: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering, business or related field required. (Having FI experience is more important)