Location: WFH, Toronto
Contract Length: 5 Months
Story Behind the Need:
Seeking a Bilingual Business Analyst – Trade Surveillance to join client's team. They are building a leading, best-in-class Compliance function to: maintain customer trust, deliver efficiencies across business units, and to be trusted advisors and partners to protect the Bank’s reputation and strengthen bank's overall Compliance program.
Candidate Value Proposition:
This candidate will have the opportunity to gain experience at a big 5 Canadian bank while working on a fast paced and forward thinking initiative.
Typical Day in Role:
– Understand business requirements and translate them into User Stories
– Identify operational, compliance, regulatory, internal audit, and AML requirements. Design relevant automated solutions to help manage/mitigate risks. This includes writing detailed requirements specifications during design, development, testing and implementation phases.
– Understand the complexity of end-to-end Trade Surveillance projects and successfully deliver implementations, strategies, and policies.
– Develop and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders.
– Implement technical solutions as part of a wider team, including involvement in testing.
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
– Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
– Support projects across the enterprise and business unit
– Support the business needs of the Monitoring Program within the Compliance team.
– Provide business analysis and technical expertise for both immediate needs projects and transformation design programs.
– Ensure all activities conducted comply with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
1) MUST be fully bilingual (Spanish/English) – written and verbal fluency required
2) 5+ years of experience in a similar Business Analyst position
3) 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry; specific knowledge in the area of capital markets & Trade Surveillance an asset
4) 5+ years of experience working out of the MS Office suite specifically with expert PowerPoint and Excel skills (PIVOT Tables, VLOOKUPS, etc)
5) Exposure to eComm Surveillance and surveillance program life cycles – demonstrated in recent projects
Nice to Have/Highly Preferred Skills:
– Experience with Bloomberg and/or trading applications is highly preferred
– Excellent English / Spanish verbal and written communication skills are essential
– The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
– Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
– Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
– Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills
– Inquisitive mindset; eager to learn and acquire knowledge
– Willing and able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Education and Certifications:
– Post-secondary graduate of Business, Project/Program Management or related discipline.