Location Address: Toronto, WFH
Contract Duration: 5/10 – 10/31/21
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Presence across the LATM jurisdictions, contractors will be bringing services to these countries.
Project: Undertaking a project and client is looking to enhance internal controls through this project that will include technology and process enhancements.
Contributes to the overall success of the department function in Latin America ensuring specific individual goals, plans, are executed / delivered in support of department's Control Library and 1st Line Testing initiative. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Candidate Value Proposition: High visibility project – initiate is a commitment that the division has made to the board. New function that is being built from the ground up. Dealing with First Line and large Capital Markets organizations. Selected candidate will obtain Front Line control experience. Also, will gain exposure to the back office process that support the department. Will also have exposure directly with LATM countries and Sr. Leadership.
Typical Day in Role:
– Assist in the initial review of regulatory controls to ensure the exercise cover regulations and controls are according to them.
– Assist in the initial documentation and mapping of key regulatory and non-regulatory controls for products.
– Assist in the maintenance and updates of key controls inventory for products.
– Assist in the development, planning and execution of first line testing program for the periodic testing of key controls to assess their design and operating effectiveness in managing operational risks in the respective Products.
– Assist with providing regular reporting to Management of the condition of internal controls in the respective business lines including analyses of root causes of control breakdowns and determines appropriate corrective actions; Follow up on the remediation of corrective action.
– Assist in identifying and addressing underlying causes of control breakdowns or instances where controls are inadequate.
– Assist with the maintenance of Issues Tracking Database for the first line testing and provide summary updates to Management.
– Assist with the follow-up of open issues identified from the first line testing and ensure recommended corrective actions have been remediated;
– Maintain regular communication with Compliance to determine changes to regulatory rules and understand their impact on various business units, and applicable controls;
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Fluent in Bilingual in English and Spanish – need to understand and comprehend Spanish – written and verbal.
2) 5 years of experience in a capital markets and/ or operational risk management role in a Financial Services Firm or Consulting Firm.
3) 5-6 years Working in a similar position.
4) 5+ Years – Microsoft Office Experience – Macros, PowerPoint, Excel
1) Portuguese Speaking
2) Knowledge of LATM Regulations (Mexico, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Brazil)
4) Kondor, Wall Street, WSS & Others
Soft Skills Required:
1) Self-Motivated and experience in working on complex projects across different countries
2) Managing stressful/difficult conversations.
Degrees: Bachelor’s Degree