This individual will be working in a collaborative, professional, and friendly environment. MS Teams is available throughout the day for team members to communicate. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of AWS services and their APIs, as well as experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bash and Python.
Additional Project Information:
This individual will assist in improving the efficiency of our current Operational Readiness Requirements process, by creating automated checks that will allow us to calculate reliability scores for a given application. Extensive experience in various technologies coupled with solid knowledge in Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), DevOps, CI/CD (Continuous Improvement/Continuous Delivery), CaC (Configuration As Code) and automation will be great assets for this initiative.
Regular functions will involve planning, designing, development and enhancement of this automation platform, following the strategy for Operational Readiness Reviews and production go-live governance.
The individual will have a key role in providing valuable contribution to solve business and technical challenges. The candidate fulfilling the role will be expected to collaborate with team members and customer resources to help execute IT strategies, achieve goals and objectives, and improve business and IT operations.
Role responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
• Building tools for automated health and configuration checks on AWS and on-premises resources
• Developing software components that interact with AWS cloud services by leveraging the AWS APIs
• Implementing automation using scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell, Bash)
• Contribute to analyzing, identifying, evaluating, and recommending technical solutions
• Partner with teams to drive stability, operational excellence, and a culture of efficiency
• Leverage tools and resources available to simplify, automate or eliminate inefficiencies
• Interacting with the various governance teams and senior management to ensure projects adhere to defined standards
• Hands-on technical working experience with automation and scripting tools (e.g., Python, PowerShell & Bash) – Python is a nice-to-have
• Hands-on technical working experience with Ansible
• Hands-on technical development experience with AWS and / or Azure
• Strategic mindset with specific focus on tooling, automation and efficiency
• Thorough understanding of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) concepts and principles
• Strong scripting skills using Python (nice-to-have), PowerShell or Bash (must-have)
• Strong understanding of resiliency and reliability scores
• Design solutions from scratch – experience in architectural design (put idea in practice)
• Previous banking / FI experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexibility and eagerness to learn
• Work with minimal supervision
• Understand what the challenge is and draw their own conclusions
• Proactive and presenting ideas or solutions to see if it will work
• Ability to work as part of a team and build constructive working relationships with co-workers and customers
• Post-secondary degree / diploma preferred