Typical Day in Role
• Execute assigned audit activities independently as a team member under the direction of the OIC on assignments. This includes completion of audit testing, discussions with management and documentation of work performed.
• Executes, plans and reports on the assigned audit projects. Obtains a thorough understanding of the business/unit/process and associated risks, develops a risk-based audit plan/procedures, and schedules timing and resources.
• Delivers end-to-end process of the execution of the audit, and ensures the nature and extent of testing is appropriate to support the objective, scope and overall opinion. Completes timely review of work papers, ensures internal control weaknesses are clearly documented with recommendations addressing the root cause and are communicated timely to management.
• Ensures audit results are gathered, determines the root cause of the problem and the associated impact and reports accordingly. Review/edit reports and summarize issues. Present an overview of the audit results and findings to line management.
• Ensures audit reports are written to a consistently high standard and are finalized within established department metrics.
• Execute agreed-upon procedures for specific projects or investigations of a low to moderate complexity and/or confidential nature. May assist other audit staff in more complex projects that Audit may be requested to perform. Plan, document and seek agreement in advance to the project approach and confirm conclusions upon completion in writing.
• Act primarily as Team Participant or in some cases act as Officer-In-Charge (OIC) on assignments of low to medium complexity for assigned projects, processes and units.
• Ensure Company standards and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Code of Ethics are maintained in the completion of all assignments.
• Manage self-development by confirming/communicating job expectations, identifying mentors/coaches and enquiring about training needs, ensuring timely completion of performance appraisals and managing assigned staff.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 8+ years of hands-on IT audit experience
2) CISA certification
3) Proficient in auditing IT processes general controls (ITGC), application, data, third-party, technology controls and Project audits.
4) Proficient at applying risk-based auditing standards, practices, techniques, processes and methodologies to the performance and review of audits.
5) Working knowledge of the operations and regulatory environments of each of the audit units globally, as required for specific areas of assigned responsibility.
1) Technology Risk Management experience in the financial services industry is a significant advantage.
2) Big 4 accounting firms experience (PwC, EY, KPMG, Deloitte)
Soft Skills Required:
• Analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Can work well within a team
• Bachelor’s degree in IT, business, accounting, related discipline, or equivalent education/experience required
• CISA required
• CRISC/CPA an asset