Role: Application Support Analyst
Duration: 4 Months
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Infrastructure & Operations Delivery is seeking an Application Support Analyst to support an AML Regulatory Project. The project involves creating new test environments, tweaking parameters, making configurations and administrative changes to an existing application. The Application Support Analyst will initially be supporting more administrative work involving Unix/Solaris and Linux while they receive training for the project.
• Reason for request: Workload/Project
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will gain exposure to new technology and work in an AML environment within one of the top 5 Banks.
Typical Day in Role
* Acts as the Subject Matter Expert/Mentor and holds overall accountability for business requirement review and the technical delivery and implementation of projects involving integration.
* Feed into the technology and infrastructure roadmaps.
* Proactively partners with business line representatives to drive improved technology solutions that support business strategy.
* Work together with Solutions Architect to implement bank standards.
* Proactively design, cost, business case and strategize solutions to propose to the department and business line management
* Participate in any Architecture forums. Research and recommend enhancements to the strategic technology evolution of the organization based on new and emerging technologies
* Participates as technical or business consultant in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging new packaged solutions or significant enhancements to existing applications.
* Provides expert advice and counsel to Corporate, Business Partner and/or IT areas, and IT project teams on highly complex issues related to "area of specialty".
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Unix/Solaris (experience with hardware of Solaris – oracle environment, SFDP, SSL) – 3+ years of hands on experience
2) Linux – hands on experience – 3+ years of hands on experience
3) Application Support Analyst – 3+ years of hands on experience
– WebSphere MQ
– AML experience
– FI/Banking experience
– PowerShell Scripting
– Solaris certification
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1 Step Process: Potential phone interview, 1 in-person panel (Team Lead, Senior Team Lead & Hiring Manger) technical interview
– Open to senior candidates with extensive experience
– Titles don’t matter as much, relevant/recent experience matters most – experience must be hands on